stories of divine intervention
miraculous: 001 Lucy goes to Mongolia
Click above to watch & listen to the first episode of miraculous.
In the words of the Apostle Paul:
Founded in 2007, Deidox is a nonprofit ministry that documents true stories of God’s goodness, then translates & distribute them globally. “DEI” = God in latin, “DOX” = Our abbreviation for documentaries. Also, short for doxology which is an expression of praise to God.
Our most seen project to date was the theatrical documentary Free Burma Rangers, having reached over 7 million people worldwide. Then, in 2023 our ministry was re-envisioned for the next phase. Learn more about Deidox here.
To help people know God, and help people to make God known. With media.
DEI + DOX
What does "Deidox" mean?
"DEI" = God in latin
"DOX" = Our abbreviation for documentaries. Also, short for doxology which is an expression of praise to God.
Founded in 2007 out of a church in Pasadena, CA, Deidox has a long history of making documentary content for the Kingdom. It's founders, Brent Gudgel & Dave Mahanes, had traveled the world for several years working with large ministries and meeting people of great faith. But, they were getting hired to tell marketing stories with a goal of building ministries - it didn't allow them to truly tell the "God stories" they were discovering. Deidox was born so that there was a place to focus on telling stories of how God was at work, for His glory and the building His kingdom.
For most of it's history, Deidox filmmakers have been bi-vocational, meaning they make films at Deidox as much as they are able, but it was often in between other "tent making" projects. They had projects on Showtime, Hulu, and for the Olympics, among others.
Over time, Deidox assembled a network of dozens of collaborators and produced 55 short documentaries. These films were used by over 3,000 pastors, in addition to being released online and at film festivals. Next came a 30-minute documentary, The Ordinance, about an inspiring partnership between Baptists & Catholics, leading to the passing of payday lending laws across the country. Then, after years of focus on "faithful steps" as a ministry, Deidox was blessed to bring their unique approach to the big screen with the acclaimed theatrical documentary Free Burma Rangers.
Now, in 2023, Deidox is heading into a new chapter of ministry and vision. It is expanding, full time staff have come on, and - Lord willing - there are many stories of God's goodness to come.
Who We Are
We are a new type of missionary, using art and technology to minister to a truly global audience with media that shares stories of God’s goodness. All for God's glory.
The core leadership team is:
- Brent Gudgel - Executive Director
- Lucky Prosper - Miraculous Showrunner / Producer
- Jeremiah Jones - Producer & Artist Community
- Dave Diamont - Executive Producer
- Andrew Alkema - Miraculous Executive Producer
- Sheri Schaap - Miraculous Mix & Worship Producer
- Joshua Myers - Music Composer
- Joel Schaap - Marketing Partner
- A feature length documentary with Francis Chan - We are 2 years into the process of making the film. It's exciting, and we're trusting the Lord for the final steps.
- "The Miraculous" - An audio documentary series about beautiful moments that are hard to explain apart from God.
- Artist Resources & Community - We are working on a few resources to bless and empower artists. More details to come as they solidify.
- Nonprofit Buildout - We are praying for the right people to come alongside us to to help the ministry grow into its next phase.
Watch Some of Our Past Films
Our ministry has produced a few dozen films over the years. A great place to start is on some of our original documentary short films. They give a great picture of the heart and style of our storytelling:
Selected scriptures on remembering the work of the Lord: