Help your church see God's work. It's beautiful.
How our documentaries are serving ministries:
- Taking Pressure Off Pastors – There is a tremendous amount of pressure on a pastor when congregations are looking for answers in how to live, work, and serve. (Deidox was founded by two pastor’s kids. We feel the pressure for you!) Deidox helps pastors by using two tools Jesus used: (1) story, and (2) showing disciples what faith actually looks like. Jesus modeled faith to grow disciples. Likewise, think of Deidox films as a tool to bring examples of faith into your disciple-making. A cloud of witnesses. As the cloud of witnesses gets bigger, some of that pressure on pastors starts to go down.
- Video Sermon Illustrations – Thousands of Pastors have used Deidox films as video sermon illustrations – whether at the start of a sermon, in the middle, or to close it out. Deidox films are incredibly powerful when paired with teaching of a local pastor in a local congregation. Download away to use in your sermon.
- Small Group Curriculum – Many churches are using Deidox films in their small group curriculum. We have all the films on youtube as well, making it incredibly easy for houses and classrooms to pull up a video within their existing technology setup (i.e. A computer, Roku, Apple tv, Chromecast, or even some TVs themselves). A pastor can pair the film with some basic questions or a prayer and the group can have quite a meaningful meeting. Free.
- Midweek Encouragement – Other churches use Deidox films as a way to communicate and encourage their congregations mid-week. Whether posting to social media or through a church’s email blast, it’s an innovative way to bring a “cloud of witnesses” into the homes and workplaces of your congregants. Pair it with a reflective prayer for an added bonus. Grab a video link from our youtube or one of the film pages.
- Training – We are currently considering creating online training to help your staff and volunteers tell stories about how God is at work in your ministry. If this is something you’d be interested in you can find out more here and sign up to be notified as we release resources.
- Boast in How God is Active – It can often feels like the media and world are running with a narrative that Christians are hypocrites, bigots, and not relevant. This is a lie. There are faithful believers that are consistently pursuing and serving the Lord. We bet you can think of many in your church. The problem is that very few of these stories are told. We get stories of celebrities, authors, and megachurch pastors, but stories about everyday people who are living faithfully are rare. Let’s change that. Deidox films are stories of the faithful, showing that God is active and at work in the world today. Faith is not only relevant, it’s thriving. We’ll say that again – Christianity is not only relevant, it’s thriving. These films are a tool to help people “taste and see that the Lord is good.”
- One Body, One Lord – There’s an old hymn that says, “One body, one Lord of all. Though many throughout the earth, we are one body in this one Lord.” All of us Christians have a tendency to lose sight of the big picture, that God is active and at work across the globe. There is a temptation to think of ourselves as individuals more than we ought to, but the body of Christ is plural. Jesus talked in these terms with “The Lord’s Prayer” – Forgive us. Give us. Lead us. Deliver us. It’s freeing to realize we are living in the midst of God’s global story about God’s global church. Not only are the stories taking pressure off of pastors, the stories take pressure off of all of us.
We hope and pray the films serve your ministry well.
BTW, If your church has a missions budget and are looking for places to support God’s global work, would you prayerfully consider supporting His work Deidox? We’d love to talk to you about it, or you can support here. We’re bi-vocational media missionaries, and the more support we get the more time we can devote to telling His stories.
Blessed to be a part of His work,