How is God at work in the world today? At Deidox we’re a media ministry asking that question. The Deidox Weekend Briefing is a compilation of the stories we found this week during our ministry research. Some of the stories God’s presence may be clear. Other stories may illuminate how we can pray. Either way, we pray this weekend you are able to see and know God more.
Here are the stories we found this week:
[Video] Awe, from the Moon
[USA] Seeing people’s response to this inspired a bit of awe in us. God’s creation is so great.
[Video] How do you recover from the guilt and shame of your past?
[USA] Meet James, a man whose 20 years of heroin addiction destroyed everything he had, giving up his family and possessions for the street. Today, James has entered a new reality. “We have to be in relationships. We have to answer the hard questions,” says James. “That’s how we grow.” Watch as James enters a Christ-centered recovery community, and through surrendering he discovers the true source of forgiveness and restoration.
[Video] [Video] North Korea | Persecuted Church Story
[North Korea] Eun Ah Cho reflects on the generational repercussions of her grandfather’s martyrdom by North Korean soldiers.
WRITTEN STORIES OF GOD’S WORK:
- A Son Raised from the Dead [Himalayas]
- I want to change my religion [Finland]
- A story of radical forgiveness despite persecution [Nigeria]
- Indian Christian mother clings to God throughout nightmare of domestic violence [India]
WHERE WE PRAY GOD WILL BE AT WORK:
- Update on Religious Laws and House Churches in China [China]
- Hindu mob in India raids churches and assaults pastors [India]
- Carrying the Shrine [Japan]
- Chinese Government Removes Crosses from Shangqiu Church, Reinstalls Them Day Later [China]
Thanks for making this briefing a part of your weekend. If you are finding this a blessing, we’d be honored if you share it with your friends. May our Lord – who is active and at work – give you rest and peace this weekend.
Blessed to be a part of His work,
The media missionaries at DEIDOX